Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 14: A Free Day in Dublin

The only organized event today was a farewell dinner, so we were all free to do as was our want.

As for me, I'm pleased to say that I slept in, did some reading, and took an afternoon wander down to the Dublin Maritime Festival. Here are a few photos from the event and the walk... before incoming rain forced me to holster my camera.






(Okay, so I went a bit overboard shooting the rat... but it was cute and everybody seemed to enjoy hanging with the little guy. Besides, he was giving voice to an important social message: Save the Trash.)






And then, that was it. We dined together one last time at The Bank Restaurant, a stylist establishment housed in an old bank.

All in all, it was a wonderful trip. Virtually everything went right. Liam even said that it was the single best tour that he's taken--which I think that we can all take as a high compliment. I was routinely amazed by Claire's superb organizational skills which made the whole thing work. The students were great.

They're off for home now. As for me, I'm off to Scotland for a new round of adventures over the next week.

2 comments: